Friday, November 18, 2005

Deflation

You know, I thought that when I started this blog, I would post regularly with wickedly written views of current events. What I found was that I was woefully empty of the sharp analysis I thought lurked within. No one likes to admit that they are not as good as they once thought, but here it is folks - I'm lousy at this.

I guess that in part, it is because all of this seems so banal. How much whit is called for to make light of the Bush administration? Dubya is a caricature, Cheney is a smart, but dangerously twisted madman. Rove is channeling Machiavelli to the max. Condi is scarely earnest. To me, these guys are a trainwreck in the making. To me, this is so "in your face" evident, that it requires no special talent to point it out.

So, what's with the rest of us? How is it that 50% of the electorate thinks these guys are the cat's meow? This is what really perplexes me. How is it that normally intelligent types listen to the same speeches, see the same footage, read the same pundits, and then believe this group is the best thing since canned spam?

I am completely in the dark on this. Maybe it is the lead (see first post here). Or, maybe quantum mechanics does have it right and we are living in two parrallel universes that have partially merged. Dunno. What I do know is that we (the electorate) have to get off our asses and get rid of these misguided individuals before they complete make a hash of it.

With that in mind, go to your phone right now (or your keyboard) and contact your senators and congressfolk in DC and give them a piece of your mind. Let them know how you feel. It's time to wake up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home