Friday, January 20, 2006

I keep resolving to do more with this spot. I mean, it’s not like there is a shortage of things that get my blood pressure up.

Take the administration’s response yesterday to the OBL tape that surfaced. “We got them on the run. We don’t negotiate with terrorists; we put them out of business.” Ya, right. You bet. They're shaking in their boots, Dub.

Or our soon-to-be-next supreme jurist. This guy’s a cannon waiting to go off and he is pointed right at the freedoms of women, minorities, and gays. This is my worst nightmare about the Bush administration – not what they can fuck up in four or eight years, but what they can do to the Supreme Court, which lasts a lifetime.

Then, there is the congress. What a snake pit. How can we be so stupid as to elect this bunch of cretins and pickpockets? I am reminded over and over that a democracy gets the government that it deserves, but it makes me sick all the same to be a part of it. There has to be a better way (see “Draft” post”).

On a lighter note, I was just at the Detroit auto show, where the worlds automakers put out their finest for all to see, and I was reminded why the American big three are in such a bucket of shit. Both Ford and GM had vehicles on display that were SO big that they would not fit through the doors and had to be lowered through holes in the roof suspended from blimps. Of particular note was the Ford truck designed on the “locomotive” concept. It would look better if there were a bison smeared across its front to demonstrate its awesome power. Then there was the GM counterpart that came with its own look-alike step ladder to enter and exit the cab. There was the “oxygen-mask” option offered on that one. It made me sad.

There was actually one correlating design factor that I noticed at the show however. I couldn’t tell which was driving which because it was one of those chicken and egg things, but it appeared that the crowd was growing to suit the design styles. I thought the State Fair was bad, but it couldn’t hold a candle to the beef that was loose on the floor of Cobo Hall. The folks that were at that show must have tipped in, on average, over the two hundred pound mark. All of them lumbering around admiring the latest Behemouthmobile.

OK, enough. Gotta quit now or I’ll have to slit my wrists and that would put a blot on an otherwise nice Friday. Have a good weekend folks.

P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home